If you have found yourself in a situation where you have been harassed or discriminated against in the workplace, you will often find it necessary to find a lawyer that will represent your interests. No matter what the underlying act may be, knowing how to prove employment discrimination in Ypsilanti, MI is key to collecting on your claim.
- Your Personnel File – It may be important to your case for your attorney to know how many disciplinary warnings or poor performance evaluations you have received. If you do not have a copy of these, your lawyer will be able to obtain them on your behalf.
- Company Policies and Employee Handbooks – Many work-related materials contain anti-harassment or discrimination policies. If your employer did not follow their own policies or doesn’t have written policies on employment discrimination, this could strengthen your case.
- Journal or Diary Entries – In many cases, people find it helpful to keep a written log of any harassment and repeated discrimination incidences they have endured. A log should include the date, time, and description of each illegal and offensive act committed against you.
- Records of Pay – Records should be provided if you have endured any loss of time from work as a result of employment discrimination or harassment.
- Physical Evidence of Harassment – This includes any physical evidence you may have of the harassment.
Mental Health and Medical Records – Provide evidence if being a victim of harassment has caused you to go to counseling, seek mental health treatment, or develop a medical condition.
- Witness Information – Provide your lawyer with the names and contact information of people who witnessed the discrimination.
If you or a loved one has fallen victim to discrimination in the workplace, don’t be afraid to reach out for professional help. Visit Cooperandbenderpc.com for expert consultation and honest answers about your case.
Be the first to like.