In Maryland, property-related liabilities are the responsibility of the owner. It is the owner who must follow local laws to ensure that the property meets building codes. Fire and electrical safety regulations must be followed as well. Any hazard inside or outside the property must be managed properly to avoid injuries. A Premises Liability Lawyer in Upper Marlboro MD helps victims review possible injuries that result from these failures.
Types of Premise Liabilities
- Public Pool Accidents: A public swimming pool is managed by the city or county in most cases. Fitness centers may also offer free access to a pool. To mitigate risks, the authority or owner must hire a lifeguard or post warning signs identifying hazards. Electrical systems and connections must be managed properly, and the chemicals must be replaced and balanced properly.
- Amusement Park Accidents: All safety equipment at amusement parks must be assessed continuously. All repairs and setup for the rides must meet state and federal regulations. The owner is liable if a visitor is injured due to faulty equipment.
- Inferior Maintenance-Related Accidents: Publicly-accessible buildings and parks require general maintenance to lower the risk of an injury. Any failure to comply with safety regulations could lead to liability. Playground equipment must be managed appropriately to prevent injuries.
- Dog Bites and Attacks: Pet owners are guilty of a premise liability if their dog attacks a visitor or service provider. Local laws require the owner to use leashes when the dog is outside. Strict liability applied when the dog was involved in previous attacks.
- Commercial and Rental Property Fires: Commercial property owners must follow federal fire safety regulations at all times. The property needs an escape route, fire exit signs, and fire escapes. A rental property must meet all building code as well as fire and electrical safety laws.
In Maryland, property-related liabilities could lead to injuries if the conditions aren’t managed appropriately. The owner or authority responsible for the property must eliminate hazards and mitigate all associated risks promptly. Victims who sustain injuries due to a failure to comply with the law can contact a Premises Liability Lawyer in Upper Marlboro MD or get free consultations now.
Be the first to like.